Hengtian CIO Spoke at AI & Machine Learning Conference

Albert Ma, Chief Innovation Officer of Hengtian, delivered a presentation on Machine Learning with GraphDB at the 2016 NECINA AI (Artificial Intelligence) & Machine Learning Conference. This event took place on Oct 29, 2016 at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the USA, and attracted about 100 participants from both industry and academia.

Figure1: Albert Ma, Giving the Presentation

During the presentation, Albert shared his opinions from four parts including AI’s impact, challenges of preparing data sets, why GraphDB, and the use cases. Nowadays, 80% of efforts were spent in preparing data, with the remaining 20% in modeling, which indicated that there was a big challenge in data preparation. In the field of machine learning, graph technology was a way of representing data. And the GraphDB was highly applicable for solving relationship-driven business problems, like fraud detection, anti money laundering, analyzing consumer behavior etc.

Figure2: Some Participants in the Conference

Other four speakers shared their opinions as well. They were Yun Raymond Fu, Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Northeastern University, Jeff Palmucci, Director of Machine Intelligence at TripAdvisor, Pengyu Hong, Associate Professor of Computer Science at Brandeis, and Changfeng Wang, Co-founder of Adelphic.


New England Chinese Information and Networking Association (NECINA) is a non-profit, non-political organization. It was founded in 1996 by a group of network computing industry leaders who recognized the need to advocate cutting-edge technologies and entrepreneurship.

To download the presentation slides of Albert Ma, please click here.Download